w3process-ISSUE-74 (NeXtSteps?): Must specs describe next steps? [Document life cycle (ch 7)]

From: Revising W3C Process Community Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 10:21:49 +0000
To: public-w3process@w3.org
w3process-ISSUE-74 (NeXtSteps?): Must specs describe next steps? [Document life cycle (ch 7)]

http://www.w3.org/community/w3process/track/issues/74

Raised by: Ian Jacobs
On product: Document life cycle (ch 7)

In http://www.w3.org/mid/CFE36B99-1937-41DD-999B-7F9A6B4C22ED@w3.org Ian explains:

  Because of the patent policy, it is important that readers know
  whether a group expects a document to become a Recommendation or not.
  Also, when a group has been chartered to produce a Recommendation
  but then plans change, it is important that a document state the
  new expectation.

  The draft says that the status section "should include expectations
  about next steps, and". I don't think that's strong enough as
  stated.  I think this should be a MUST to send clear signals relevant
  to the patent policy.