Re: Put Editor's draft on TR page, not heartbeat formal publications -> RE: Evaluating policies; pubrules

On Thursday, 22 March 2012 at 15:38, Steve Faulkner wrote:

> Hi marco,
> > What about having a disclaimer in the SoTD that states "Caution, this is an Editor's draft and hence may contain changes not yet agreed to by the WG"... or some such.
>

> I don't think thats enough, what the HTML5 spec had before last call was markers on any parts of the spec that had an issue raised against it with a link to the issue. this was achieved using a script.
That would be great, actually. Linking specs to bugzilla would be awesome. It would also be great to be able to file bugs from within the spec, as HTML5 currently does.

> I think that having an indicator for any non editorial change that has not been agreed by a working group would be useful.

That might be a challenge - but as long as it's done in a sane way, it might be doable. Otherwise, it becomes annoying record keeping and gets in the way of "the creative process" that is spec writing.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au