Re: Spec organizations and prioritization

On 2012-03-22 14:57, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> On Thursday, 22 March 2012 at 13:52, Julian Reschke wrote:
>

>> OK; here's another data point. HTTPbis started as RFC 2616, split into
>> seven pieces. After the split was done, the modularization essentially
>> creates no overload at all, but makes maintenance much easier; in
>> particular with multiple authors working on different parts at the same
>> time.
>
> When did the work start? When is the estimated completion date? I guess we then compare that to start-end dates of RFC2616 itself?

I don't think that's an interesting comparison; you would need to also
look at # of issues fixed, amount of discussion and research needed to
actually decide on each issue, and how much time each of the authors
could invest.

That being said; we started ~4 years ago, and 4 out of seven parts are
in Working Group Last Call.

Best regards, Julian