Re: Features vs specs

Hi marcos,

>Hypothetically, how could we do better at the W3C? What mistakes is the
WHATWG making that their stability labels are inaccurate?

The main mistakes appear to be:
Providing feature implementation information that is not up to date.
Not clearly defining how the various states are derived. [1]
No apparent QA of the information, no one is responsible?

So how could it be done better:
Ensuring that if information is up to date and if not, providing a clear
indication that it is not.
Clear definition of the various states and steps to define them, taking
into account a real definition of "interoperable implementation"
Ensuring if such information is to be provided , there is responsibility
taken for its accuracy.

[1] http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/FAQ#When_will_HTML5_be_finished.3F

--
with regards