Re: "Living Standards"

On Monday, January 2, 2012 at 10:26 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> On Monday, 2 January 2012 at 17:18, Robin Berjon wrote:
> > Having said that, it doesn't really matter if that anchor is "Edition 17" or "Commit deadbeef". The important thing is to put people in control of whether they want the bleeding edge or a sta(b)le version.
>
> Sure, people should be afforded privacy to do such unspeakable (or murderous) things behind closed doors. The problem I raise is when such things try to get forced on the open Web, as once happened with Widgets.

Oh @$%#@! It happened again:(

https://developer.tizen.org/doc.html

(click on "Tizen Web API Reference" and then on "W3C Widget Specifications" or "WAC 2.0")

The *outdated* versions specs were copy and pasted from the W3C Website and from the WAC site to the Tizen website.

I rest my case: Dated/Versioning is evil and wrong and leads to the above.

I give up. I'm not publishing any more specs until this whole date thing gets addressed.