Please raise issues

From: Scheppe, Kai-Dietrich <k.scheppe@telekom.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:20:27 +0100
To: "public-w3process@w3.org" <public-w3process@w3.org>
Hi all,

There has already been good input.
Please let's not have this get lost in the discussion.

I would therefore ask, when you have an issue with W3C process, that you enter it in the issue tracker we have [1].

I have created a few products to help group issues.
(Feel free to change, suggest, add more.)

It might helpful to use some sort of a structure for these issue because I think we will have a variety of very different issues that will need sorting for easier processing.

I would suggest the following format for issues, in order to make them uniform:

Product
	Select the correct product for your issue

Problem description
	What is the problem you are identifying?
	Example:  IPR protection comes too late in the process

Effect description
	This is the part where you explain /*why*/ we have a problem.
	How does it show itself?
	Example:  It prevents early implementations by some companies who are worried about their IPR.

Solution
	Give us your proposal on how to solve the problem
	Example:
	Offering IPR protection at an earlier state, for example at ....

Potential dependencies
	Need to check with legal

Kai

[1] http://www.w3.org/community/w3process/track/