Re: Writing a mission statement

On 31/10/2018 22:19, Alejandra Gonzalez-Beltran wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been lurking in this list and missed the round of introductions: I
> work at the University of Oxford, UK, and I am involved in the W3C
> Dataset Exchange Working Group. I attended TPAC last week, but only
> Thursday and Friday, so I missed this group's F2F meeting.

Hello Alejandra.

> I read the minutes of your meeting and noticed that this resource didn't
> show up (apologies if it was mentioned there or before and I missed it):
>
> https://github.com/numfocus/DISCOVER-Cookbook
>
> It is the NumFOCUS DISCOVER Cookbook (Diverse & Inclusive Spaces and
> Conferences: Overall Vision and Essential Resources) and it has very
> useful pointers on how to create a diverse and inclusive space/conference.

Thanks. One of the activities we identified during the TPAC meeting, was
to start documenting useful information like this. One of the things I
need to do, is understand where this CG is able to collect information
and/or post documents.

> As regards the new name of this group, as W3C Inclusion CG, I think it
> should also include a mention of 'diversity'. You can be inclusive but
> not encourage diversity, and that's not what the group wants. So, maybe
> consider 'W3C Diversity and Inclusion CG'?

I'm ok with this. It'd be good to hear from others, so I'll propose it
as a separate Call For Consensus (CFC), to make sur eeveryone is aware
of the proposal.

> In the same line, I would add 'diversity' in the last point of the
> mission statement:
>
> **"*advise the W3M, AB, AC, and Positive Work Environment CG about
> potential enhancements to our working environment to better support
> inclusion."*
>
> **--->**
>
> **"*****advise the W3M, AB, AC, and Positive Work Environment CG about
> potential enhancements to our working environment to better support
> diversity and inclusion."***

Good suggestion. I'll try to add this to the mission statement without
breaking anything :)

Léonie.
> Many thanks,
>
> Alejandra********
>

> On 31/10/2018 20:27, Melanie Richards wrote:
>> Love it, thanks Marisa!

>>> google.com%2Fdocument%2Fd%2F1-cq2mIBF15HQ-DF0kGCAyQrhLsrl2b7ZmD9iXAaFz
>>> zk&amp;data=02%7C01%7CMelanie.Richards%40microsoft.com%7Ca971a37643f24
>>> 29a6a2b08d63f6549b0%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C63676

---