Re: Virtual Agent framework?

One question that comes to mind is whether there is a relatively static
domain model,  separate from the more dynamic data model (in a language
like SCXML).  The data model is used to keep track of the state of the
current interaction (number of items in the shopping cart, etc.) while
the domain/task model would represent the basic features of all
interactions.

Another question is whether we think of the virtual agents as having
scripts that they use to interact with users.  (Contact centers often
assign scripts to actual human agents to guide their interactions with
callers.)  Scripts would be like interaction templates.   Again thinking
in terms of a language like SCXML, scripts could be state machines.  If
the virtual agent has multiple scripts to choose from, we can either
represent that as one big state machine (with branching logic at the
top) or we can break it down so that one component would  select the
script while another would execute it.

- Jim