From:   Richard Wallis <richard.wallis@dataliberate.com>
To:     Jim Goodell <jimgoodell@qi-partners.com>
Cc:     paoladimaio10@googlemail.com, W3C Web Schemas Task Force
<public-vocabs@w3.org>
Date:   03/05/2016 14:04
Subject:        Re: sinkholes schema

Hi,

Sounds like an interesting use case.

I share your concern about the use of Emergency as currently it is defined
as an enumeration value for a type of MedicalSpecialty.  What you describe
is more related to an emergency event.

However as Jim points out, Landform is probably a good area to start for
defining a Sinkhole type.

Following your thinking it feels like there might be a need for a
geological/natural event type which could be linked to associated LandForm
types so that events like the appearance of a sinkhole, volcanic eruption,
tsunami, meteor strike, etc. could be described.

As to working with Schema, there will be improved documentation in the
next [imminent] release.  You can preview here:
http://webschemas.org/docs/howwework.html

I would also point you at a 3 part blog post series I produced [1,2,3]

~Richard

Richard Wallis
Founder, Data Liberate
http://dataliberate.com