Re: Schema.org RentalCarReservation extra/missing field

reservationFor is a property of https://schema.org/Reservation, which is a supertype of https://schema.org/RentalCarReservation. It is used to link the reservation to the object being reserved.

So reservationFor is used correctly as far as I can see.

As for operatingCompany, this property is missing in schema.org, as you spotted.

RSTT also complains about that when validating the JSON-LD example.

I support your proposal to simply use provider, attached to the RentalCarReservation instead of a new operatingCompany property.

Martin

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen