Re: Schema.org extensions versus core

Although facet does mean something else in the classification community:

"A facet comprises "clearly defined, mutually exclusive, and
collectively exhaustive aspects, properties or characteristics of a
class or specific subject".[1]

It's not just any attribute, but is a specific selection of attributes
that will be applied uniformly across a domain. Typical facets are
things like matter, place, and time.

I would hate to see the term used for general attributes.

kc
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faceted_classification#cite_note-1

--
Karen Coyle