Re: FYI: Interval Vocabulary

FYI:

http://schema.org/QuantitativeValue supports point values as well as closed and on-sided intervals for all popular datatypes.

Plus, in the OWL version of GoodRelations (currently missing in schema.org, but will be added), there are two axioms that expand point values to intervals with matching upper/lower bounds, which means quering intervals and point values can use the same SPARQL queries:

schema:value rdfs:subPropertyOf schema:minValue, schema:maxValue .

See

    http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/Documentation/Quantitative_values

(unfortunately work in progress).

Note: Currently, the datatypes are restricted to numerical values, because for date ranges, I felt that separate properties would be more appropriate. Temporal intervals are supported, though, by using unit codes for time, lice SEC (seconds) or MON (months).

Best wishes / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Martin Hepp

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group