Re: why Vehicle subClassOf Product ? (also: Commercial, Economic)

From: Dave Caroline <dave.thearchivist@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 14:42:39 +0000
To: Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@unibw.de>
Cc: (wrong string) ˜ elf Pavlik ˜ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>, Aaron Bradley <aaranged@gmail.com>, Jarno van Driel <jarnovandriel@gmail.com>, W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>
>The only case I know where this might be correct modeling is under a "topic >semantics", e.g. when you are organizing things that are related to a certain topic >(e.g. books about engines might be considered books about vehicles).

Search engine, mill engine, database engine (mysql) stationary engine
and steam engine all are non vehicle applications of the term engine.

http://www.collection.archivist.info/searchv13.php?searchstr=engine+BK

I cannot pick a word from a title and apply it as belonging to a topic
like that eg
Sketches of engine and machine details Wallace Bentley F. King and
Sons, (London Agents Chapman & Hall Ltd) 1898 is really a
draughtsman's design book.

Making applying markup to my web pages very difficult at the moment.

Dave Caroline