From: Jim Goodell [mailto:jimgoodell@qi-partners.com]
Sent: 26 March 2015 17:39
To: McBennett, Pat; public-vocabs@w3.org
Subject: Re: Proposal for Schema.org extension mechanism

Pat,

CEDS has a URI reference for the ISO 2-digit codes, e.g. https://ceds.ed.gov/element/000050#IE for Ireland.
It does not (yet) have an element defining the ISO 3-digit country codes, and the URL when resolved does not (yet) return machine readable content such as RDF.

I think the the code could be referenced 'authoritatively' using the ISO site like this: https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:code:3166:IE  I guess it depends whether you just need an identifier or if you need the definition returned in a machine readable format when the URI is resolve.

jim