Re: why Vehicle subClassOf Product ? (also: Commercial, Economic)

Two more comments:

1. Vehicle has been a subtype of Product for quite long, maybe even since the beginning of schema.org.

2. Since "Product" is a role, putting a type below this type which mainly exists in this role is arguably acceptable, even though it violates the OntoClean axioms (being a Product is a non-rigid property, while being a Car is typically a rigid one, and OntoClean says that a rigid property should not be a subclass of a non-rigid one, if I am not mistaken).

As for immediate action: As long as the number of such types in schema.org is small, I think we can leave it as it stands for the moment. We should avoid growing this branch extensively, though.

Martin
martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen