Re: Proposal for Schema.org extension mechanism

This is a very important point you bring up, one that goes to the heart of
a lot of schema.org decisions.

I do agree that it is much 'cleaner' for a term to have a single namespace.
The cost of this is that the webmaster needs to keep track of namespaces.
We estimate on the order of 100s or 1000s of vocabulary creators. We
already have millions of webmasters using schema.org. Most applications
will use only a single extension, which means that under the proposed
scheme, they don't have to worry about namespaces.

Mixing and matching is of course always open (and welcome). More technical
webmasters will do that. We just don't want it to be a requirement to start
participating ...

Thanks for the comments.

guha