Re: [Proposal] schema:OnlineCourse

For schema:Course and schema:CourseSection there is a GitHub Issue and a
Google Doc:

* https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/195
*
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12YWjLzZC8FiTiOwSAETRIEozeqZdn6O8a4fgqK4t5Ss/edit?usp=sharing

>From the Google Doc (and GitHub Issue):

   - "Schema.org: Online Courses"
*https://docs.google.com/document/d/12YWjLzZC8FiTiOwSAETRIEozeqZdn6O8a4fgqK4t5Ss/edit?usp=sharing
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/12YWjLzZC8FiTiOwSAETRIEozeqZdn6O8a4fgqK4t5Ss/edit?usp=sharing>*
(Working
   Proposal)
      - Thing > Intangible > Course
      - Thing > Intangible > CourseSection
      - Thing > Event > EducationEvent

Re: Course of Study / Major

   - Modeling traditional sets of prerequisites is a difficult problem.
   There are often ("either ors") which do require n-ary patterns. e.g. A ->
   (B or C or E) -> D -> F
      - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_connective#Natural_language
      - n-ary patterns are much easier with URIs (than with denormalized
      nested records)
      - http://patterns.dataincubator.org/book/nary-relation.html
   - Unbundling significantly alleviates this need (for structured
   traversal of a graph of Courses)
   - Coursera has a concept of "Specializations" [1]

>    - Master a skill with a targeted *sequence of courses*
>

>    - Apply it in a *capstone project*

   - The "subjectOfStudy" and/or "educationalAlignment" properties may be
   useful for linking to one or more "Course of Study" or "Major".
   - alignmentObject -> http://schema.org/AlignmentObject (LRMI:
      http://www.lrmi.net/the-specification)

[1] https://www.coursera.org/specializations