Re: A versioning model for schema.org

Thoughts:

Will superseded terms always have explicit equivalentBlah assertions? Are
they implicitly deprecated? Will they have specified invalidation times?

Is there a need for some sort of term-specific (in)compatibility
annotations?
If a term's meaning is changed so as to be incompatible with the previous
meaning, but only in certain cases, should those be specified in a machine
readable way?

If a term is split so that there are several successor terms, how should
this be represented ? Should there be a distinction between a covering
division that excludes part of the previous meaning?

If  terms are partially merged, how might this be indicated?

2c may be problematic; if a term is backwards/forwards compatible, then
maybe  its IRI shouldn't change?

It would seem simpler to have the using document specify the versioned
schema ontology IRI (in a meta header?)

This beat is, this beat is, this beat is diachronic.

Simon