Re: [Proposal]: New schema for Invoices

I'm finally getting around to this.

I think Invoice is different than Order in that I may receive an invoice
that is not really attached to an Order. For example, a utility bill is not
really attached to an order, so much as an ongoing account.

To address some of the comments, I have updated the schema at
https://github.com/vholland/schemaorg/blob/sdo-bills/data/schema.rdfa.
Specifically, I

- Added Invoice to the domain for paymentMethod to coordinate with Order.
- Removed payFromAccountId in favor of the existing paymentMethodId.
- Added a property referencesOrder to link an Invoice to one or more Orders
if applicable.

I wrote up some examples at
https://github.com/vholland/schemaorg/blob/sdo-bills/data/sdo-invoice-examples.txt
(using your furnace suggestion).

In the example, I have allowed for an Order to refer to a service. If
people object to that, I can take it out. Currently, one can only
Order/Offer something of type Product.

- Vicki

Vicki Tardif Holland | Ontologist | vtardif@google.com