Re: Proposal for Schema.org extension mechanism

On 19 February 2015 at 21:21, Denenberg, Ray <rden@loc.gov> wrote:
> I would like clarification on the approval process.
>

> There are “reviewed” extensions and “external” extensions.  But there is
> also reference to “approved extensions”.   Does approval apply to both, or
> are only reviewed extensions approved, and anyone can have an external
> extension?  (If the latter, I would suggest changing “reviewed” to
> “approved”, since presumably a candidate extension might be reviewed and not
> approved.  But on the other hand, if both types are subject to approval,
> then even the external extensions would be reviewed, wouldn’t they?  So the
> term “reviewed” confuses me. )
>

> Let’s say I have a vocabulary and I want it approved as a schema.org
> extension.  How do I initiate the process?
>
> And, do I say:
>
> ·          “I want it considered for approval as a reviewed extension (but
> if not so approved, I want it considered for approval as an external
> extension).”
>
> ·          “I want it considered for approval as an extension, you tell me
> which kind.”
>
> ·         Or what?
>
> My apologies if these details are yet to be worked out.

The notion of approval was more with respect to reviewed extensions.
In practice we expect collaborative discussions will be appropriate
and beneficial for both flavours of extension. And yes - the details
are still being worked out (thanks to these discussions) - no apology
needed!

Dan