Re: Single event registration product with multiple prices

Dear Eric:

In general, there are three approaches for such cases in the underlying GoodRelations model:

1. Model individual prices for one offer

This works if the different prices depend only on the period of time during which the offer is accepted (e.g. seasonal discounts), by quantity (1 ticket, 2-5 tickets, ...) or by country.

2. Model individual offer variants

This is necessary if you want to give different prices for essentially a different offer (e.g. a hotel room in another season, a ticket for a less crowded session of the same tutorial, ...).

3. Summarize the variants by an "overview offer" with a price range
E.g. saying "Tickets from 99 USD", without modeling the variants and conditions in detail.

I have not yet updated the following page, but it might give you an idea on how the advanced pricing patterns are meant to work:

    http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/Cookbook/Pricing

Also, the examples from the Tickets Ontology extension for GoodRelations might help:

    http://www.heppnetz.de/ontologies/tio/ns.html

Mind the naming differences for GoodRelations elements in the original purl.org namespace vs. the schema.org namespace:

    http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/Cookbook/Schema.org#Naming_Differences

Martin
martin hepp
e-business & web science research group