Re: Visa Resource Center Schema

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Alex M <tech.guy415@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thad -
>
> This is my first effort to face the issue.  The markup is not really easy
> on the content.  We would have to rewrite a lot of things or just mark
> parts of the text  that denote the property.  I had to use Ticket and
> amount. Am I in the right track?
>
>  This is the select drop down list of countries to choose to travel to
> Costa Rica

> http://schema.org/TravelAction">
> Country that Issued Your Passport</p>

​?? Help DanBri and Sam Goto ??  - Hmm... SearchAction is ... well, I
"guess" you could say that it is a Human Selected Search Query right
there..haha...but this was originally reserved for use as a textual
representation of a query itself... but I cannot give advice on proper use
here...even I do not fully know the correct answer on this one...but my
hunch says it might be one level down with instead the
http://schema.org/FindAction ?
​

> <select class="form-control" id="citizenshipCountry">
> <option value="United States" itemprop="fromLocation"><span
> itemprop="itemListElement" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/ListItem">United
> States</span></option>
> <option value="Canada" itemprop="fromLocation">Canada</option>
> </select>
>

> Here is the result:

>   <h1 itemprop="toLocation">Costa Rica</h1>
>   <h2 itemprop="name" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Thing">Required
> Documents</h2>
> <ol>
> <li itemprop="itemListElement" itemscope itemtype="
> http://schema.org/ListItem"> A valid passport

​You probably also want to include some kind of sameAs relationship to a
passport entity somewhere out there on the www... perhaps Wikidata ?
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q18392391
​

> </li>
> <li itemprop="itemListElement" itemscope itemtype="
> http://schema.org/ListItem">
> Pre-paid airline or bus ticket to exit Costa Rica</span>
> </li>
>
> <li itemprop="itemListElement" itemscope itemtype="
> http://schema.org/ListItem">
> https://schema.org/DatedMoneySpecification">

​?? Help Martin Hepp?  Hmm... I think a
https://schema.org/PriceSpecification is probably more appropriate there ?

> $100.00US dollars per every 30 calendar days you plan to stay in Costa
> Rica </span>
> </li>
>
> ​
Thad