Re: Need for W3C 'living' vocabulary & possibility of forking schema.org?

Hello,

Just a remark about the difference you make between "live" and "static"
vocabulary which I completely disapprove.

The core vocabularies or domain vocabularies, which are widely used, are in
constant evolution, but as they are widely used vocabulary, with a specific
scope and a strong knowledge engineering behind, the evolutions are
progressive and done, most of the time, by a business community in a
collaborative and controlled process.

You can visualize the life of the vocabularies in
http://lov.okfn.org/dataset/lov/. Have a look to "org" ontology for example
 http://lov.okfn.org/dataset/lov/vocabs/org  to see at the bottom of the
page the timeline of the versions.

The fast evolution of schema.org is both due to its youth and to the very
wide scope of the vocabulary build for html pages annotation and not for
data management.

Kind regards
Jean

Jean Delahousse
Independent Consultant
Semantic web, taxonomies, ontologies, Linked Open Data
delahousse.jean@gmail.com
mob +33 6 01 22 48 55
http://jean-delahousse.net
skype jean.delahousse