Re: relating IndividualProduct to Product

No, productID is for attaching unique or almost unique identifiers to products. Note that the notion of identity varies - for a ProductModel, the GTIN13 is a unique identifier, but for an IndividualProduct, it is not, because there will be many products with the same GTIN13.

Product ID is a nice super-property for numerical or alphanumerical codes that can be used for entitity consolidation. Let us not overload this with other purposes.

Side comment: Schema.org currently lacks a few subproperty relations for GoodRelations-based properties, because such were not supported in schema.org in 2012. I will file a pull request to add those as soon as I can; this will illustrate how useful productID is.

Martin

martin hepp  http://www.heppnetz.de
mhepp@computer.org          @mfhepp