From: paoladimaio10@gmail.com [mailto:paoladimaio10@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Paola Di Maio
Sent: 24. september 2014 08:15
To: Renato Iannella
Cc: Dan Brickley; Peter Mika; Guha; W3C Vocabularies
Subject: Re: The Vocabulary, Schema.org governance, etc.

Renato, glad you are making the point
(somebody has to do it)

Our  friends who now work for big search engines are doing this
with best intentions, I have no doubt, and the work is good and I am grateful that they are graciously enganging in community participation via this list

Business decisions  however are not made by the Dans, the Guhas and the Peters in this world but by corporations they work for -
( a lot of these open and participatory initiatives are just window dressing  giving the illusion of democracy and change, while decisions are made
under the radar by the few anyway)

The community should be aware that somewhere down the line
employees retire/get sacked, and new employees take over, and corporations
make decisions for commercial interests of majority shareholders, even if the current stakeholders are good natured, and promise not to do evil, shareholders change, and things are turned around without anyone even noticing!

While I am confident the process at hand is good enough for the moment, it could be wise to help the sponsors devise a less tricky  ownership/copyright statement for the long term sustainability of the project

Make suggestion for a more acceptable wording perhaps (would changing that sentence satisfy your concern?),  and test how open  and participatory the initiative really is :-)

PDM

PDM