Re: schema.org governance

From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 17:35:11 +0530
To: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>
Cc: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, PublicVocabs <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Thanks - hadnt thought about checking the copyright

copyright arises automatically upon creation of original work, even if it
is not explicitly asserted, unless
it is explicitly waived ( even then, certain copy rights such as paternity
cannot webwaived at all afaik).
http://www.cla.co.uk/copyright_information/copyright_information

I am not sure even if the owners wanted not to own the copyright, I dont
think they could, without much administrative overhead. creative commons
license satisfies the need for shared ownership to some extent, I think

but good point!

The community can always challenge a copyright claim tho :-)
(just sayin, not suggesting)

PDM