Re: The Vocabulary, Schema.org governance, etc.

On 09/20/2014 11:40 AM, martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org wrote:
[...]
>> I don't expect anyone having clear answers to any of those questions!
>>
> At least I tried.
Thank you, very helpful to read your answers!

>> On a process side I would suggest moving conversations fine tuning
>> particular vocab terms to github issues, and just announce bigger
>> changes here with invite to related issue/pull request.
>> Besides keeping better track on them, this would lower volume of traffic
>> on this list and allow more space for interesting conversations about
>> environment of *WebSchemas*. Including schema.org, microformats,
>> activitystrea.ms and many others listed in lov.okfn.org
>>
> This may work for small bugfixes, but additions to the conceptual model (like to automotive extension) are hard to discuss solely on the basis of github pull requests, in my opinion.
> Also, we would exclude a lot of non-developers who will have important
domain expertise.
I don't agree with seeing github as developers-only! People who don't
use git can simply use it as collaboration platform with IMO awesome
workflow with Issues and Wiki Pages. Those who use git can simply use it
in even more powerful way.
With mailing list I also experienced raising same issue multiple times,
getting feedback that it needs taking care of. Just for it to drown then
in list archive. One of examples - schema:interactionCount - which now I
captured in https://github.com/rvguha/schemaorg/issues/137

> Many domain experts will be only occasional contributors to schema.org but invaluable reviewers of extension proposals.
With current traffic, discussions on tiny details and threads drifting
in various directions (I think github intentionally doesn't support
threaded comments). Many experts in various domains need to get cc on
relevant thread to notice conversation. Of course I welcome any other
suggestions on how to create more friendly environment for coordinating
*WebSchemas* beyond schema.org