Re: Person job proposal

From: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:47:44 +1000
To: Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>, PublicVocabs <public-vocabs@w3.org>

On 18 Sep 2014, at 02:33, Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com> wrote:

> I propose 5 properties and the mailing list goes nuts! ;-)

That's what happens without a clear/transparent/open governance process ;-))

> As some have pointed out, Occupation and Job are slightly different. My occupation may be the same across employers, where as my job is not.

According to [1], an Occupation is a "a person's job or profession"

Schema.Org terms are not very well defined in this sense (aka ISO11179) and would benefit significantly if more concise definitions were applied consistently across concepts.

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com