Re: September Update on Sports

There are several problems with even this portion of the proposal.

1/ Sports are of type text in the proposal.  This is problematic in and of
itself.  Using well-known URIs in the example makes the situation much worse.
  There should be a type for sports, and relationships between sports.

2/ The National Football Conference is not a member of the National Football
League.  It should be a sub-organization.

3/ Athlete is the wrong name for the relationship between a sports team and
its players.  Many sports teams have athletes working for them who do not
perform in sporting contests that the team participates in.  I would suggest
that player is a much better name for this relationship.

4/ Both coach and athlete/player should be subproperties of member.

5/ The name for the relationship between a  sports organization and the sport
that it plays is too generic.  I would suggest something much more evocative
of the relationship, for example sportPlayed.

On a lighter note, I see that you have excluded baseball from sports, as
baseball teams do not have any athletes.  :-)

peter