Re: Adding a Job and/or Profession type (was Schema.org proposal: Financial information)

From: Wallis,Richard <Richard.Wallis@oclc.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 13:45:50 +0000
To: "martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org" <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
CC: Jarno van Driel <jarnovandriel@gmail.com>, "<public-vocabs@w3.org>" <public-vocabs@w3.org>

On 17 Sep 2014, at 09:30, martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org<mailto:martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org> wrote:

Jobs are roles that individuals hold over certain periods of time. So let us not put job-related properties directly under schema:Person.

+1

There are broader benefits of what we are discussing in the culture heritage domain to be able to say that someone is/was an Artist, Raconteur, Architect, etc. Or in the case of a polymath like Leonardo Da Vinci, a great long list of things.  In fact a a great many of us could list several occupations we have flirted with over the years.

~Richard.