Re: ItemList proposal

On 16 September 2014 21:50, Jarno van Driel <jarnovandriel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not much really, it's a custom I picked up because the W3 Validator
> (http://validator.w3.org/) kept complaining about not providing a @title for
> anchors, which it stopped complaining about if one added an empty @title. So
> I became accustomed to alway specifying a @title, even it it's empty.
>
> To be honest I don't even know if the workaround is still needed or not, I
> haven't looked into it for ages.  :)
>
> I'll remove it from the document though.

Ah thanks, I thought it might be some wiki markup / escaping artifact.

It's a big document. Maybe we could settle on one single core example
that applies new Itemlist to the breadcrumbs usecase?

A lot of people are interested in knowing how
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/185417?hl=en should look.

Here's the old markup:

  </a> ›
  </a> ›
  </a>

How concisely can we do this with new ItemList? Does this look
monsterously verbose, or bearable?

<ol itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/ItemList">
  <li itemprop="itemListElement" itemscope=""
itemtype="http://schema.org/ListItem">
      </a>
  </li>
›  <li itemprop="itemListElement" itemscope=""
itemtype="http://schema.org/ListItem">
      </a>
  </li>
›  <li itemprop="itemListElement" itemscope=""
itemtype="http://schema.org/ListItem">
itemprop="url">
      </a>
  </li>
</ol>

(I used the XML-ish 'itemscope="" ' syntax so I could check/indent as
xml, plain itemscope is fine for HTML5)

cheers,

dan