Re: ItemList proposal

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 8:26 AM, Peter Mika <pmika@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> -- We should turn itemListOrder into an Enum of fixed values (ascending,
> descending, unordered).

Sounds good to me.

> -- itemListElement currently has the range Thing or ListItem or Text,
> which is triple redundant ;) First, we always accept Text instead of Thing,
> and ListItem is a type of Thing. So the range is essentially Thing?

Yes. We were looking for a way to signal that there is a new class
ListItem, which allows authors to express more than the item. Perhaps this
is a suggestion we need better documentation.

> -- previousItem/nextItem has range ListItem. How do I capture the end of
> list? Is there a distinguished  NULL value?

I was imagining it working like a linked list. If a ListItem has no
nextItem, it is the end of the list.

- Vicki

Vicki Tardif Holland | Ontologist | vtardif@google.com