Re: ItemList proposal

From: <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 14:56:36 +0200
Cc: "Jason Johnson (BING)" <jasjoh@microsoft.com>, Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>, W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>
To: Peter Mika <pmika@yahoo-inc.com>
Hi 12 Sep 2014, at 14:26, Peter Mika <pmika@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I also took a look at the latest proposal at [1].
>
> A couple of small suggestions:
>
> -- We should turn itemListOrder into an Enum of fixed values (ascending, descending, unordered).
If you want to go down that route: What about using the union of

- a subtype of schema:QualitativeValue - schema:OrderedBy with two values as predefined individuals, schema:Ascending, schema:Descending and

and

- schema:Text

?

So people can use schema:Ascending or schema:Descending while still being able to use free text for other cases?

For "unordered", I would simply omit the itemListOrder property.

Martin