Re: Move schema:fileSize & schema:fileFormat to schema:CreativeWork

On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 11:36:30AM -0700, Karen Coyle wrote:
>There may not be an easy way to do this, but "same content, different
>format" and "different content but related concepts" may need to be
>differentiated.

They may, if something more than a gut feeling is provided as a
rationale, but we could start by using exampleOfWork / workExample now.

> Actually, the former now reminds me of the
>accessibility proposals, which might solve this, since those were
>focused specifically on different technology capabilities of the same
>content, so that people needing a particular technology or
>accessibility feature could know that they were getting the same
>content, not something different.

I'm not sure if https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/Accessibility was
what you were thinking of (a link would be helpful), but when I read the
definition for http://schema.org/encoding ("A media object that encodes
this CreativeWork"), it sounds like a specialization of workExample that
would work (hah) reasonably well for this need... if MediaObject was
broadened from audio/image/video to something broader, or alternately,
the range of the property was broadened to a new "FileObject" type
(which could use the fileSize / fileFormat properties that started this
thread).

But in the mean time, it seems to me that exampleOfWork / workExample
would work well enough to express this relationship until such time that
more specific proposals are brought forth.