Re: Move schema:fileSize & schema:fileFormat to schema:CreativeWork

On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 09:54:31AM -0500, Wes Turner wrote:
>It would be useful to have these properties with the type CreativeWork.

Hmm. I would have preferred to see them go on something a bit more
specific like MediaObject, but "embedded in a web page" is a pretty
restrictive definition (and image/video/audio doesn't capture some of
the formats like PDF / ODT that Adrian listed). Maybe it's time to
broaden that type?

>Is there a distinction between a CreativeWork and *renderings* of said
>CreativeWork?

Yes, there can be, using the associatedMedia / audio / image / video
properties of CreativeWork, or...

>How can we express that there is a PDF and an ODT of the same document?

... thanks to the workExample / exampleOfWork properties that were
recently added to schema.org, you can express those relationships. See
https://github.com/rvguha/schemaorg/pull/108 for a request to add
examples for those properties to schema.org (where we express that there
are both book editions and movie adaptations of a given novel).