Move schema:fileSize & schema:fileFormat to schema:CreativeWork

From: Adrian Pohl <ad.pohl@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 16:30:11 +0200
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Hello,

we started working on draft recommendations for publishing metadata
for open educational resources within a German-speaking KIM-DINI
working group (KIM = Competence Centre Interoperable Metadata), see
[1] (in German). For each metadata element we would like to recommend
a rdf property at best from schema.org/LRMI. The bulk of the elements
are already covered by schema.org.

Anyhow, for indicating the size and format of a learning resource
(this could be anything from a zip file, to odt, jpg, pdf, ppt etc.) I
could't find other properties than schema:fileSize and
schema:fileFormat. Currently, these properties are placed in the
schema.org hierarchy at the type SoftwareApplication.

As it would be very useful to have more generic properties to describe
files, I suggest moving these properties up in the schema.org
hierarchy to the type CreativeWork. What do you think?

(For file size, there is another property schema:contentSize which is
also too specific as it is associated with resources of type
schema:MediaObject.)

All the best
Adrian

[1] https://wiki.dnb.de/x/hq_kBQ