Re: itemprop="translator"

From: <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 01:49:23 +0200
To: "Wallis,Richard" <richard.wallis@oclc.org>, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Cc: "<public-vocabs@w3.org>" <public-vocabs@w3.org>

01.09.2014, 17:25, "Wallis,Richard" <Richard.Wallis@oclc.org>:
> I agree Karen, I also hold out high hopes for the Roles pattern to make the multitude of CreativeWork to Person/Organization relators, manageable.
>
> As you say there are a handful of common ones that come to mind (director, producer for Movie, author, editor, translator, illustrator, for books/literary works). In the balance between simplicity & understandability for web masters and keeping the numbers of properties manageable, we should be conservative in adding any more than a few as listed above.

I would be pretty keen to have actors in movies :) but I agree that it is important to keep it simple, and based on real use cases for people who are going to publish.

That said, I am keen to see translationOf / hasTranslation and would like to see a translator Role.

(I think the sticking point on translation is about the difference between identifying the thing translated and the translation, or between noting that there *is* a translation without specifying which is the original...)

> Beyond that using Role for other creator / contributor roles should be the order of the day.

Yes, that seems to make sense.

cheers