Re: Person and fictional Re: VideoGame proposal

On 24 October 2014 18:06, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net> wrote:

> On 10/24/14 1:57 AM, chaals@yandex-team.ru wrote:
>
>  Note that Richard's fictionalThing proposal in webschemas already has
>> something for this - properties saying where the fictional thing is
>> "first described", and things that reference it (you may not be an
>> expert on king arthur,
>>

> I think I'd prefer dropping the term "first" from that. It requires
> knowledge that may not be available. I could be describing a story about a
> the lost city of Atlantis, but not know where it was "first" described. Or
> I may not have on hand the bibliographic information of the first Discworld
> book in which he appeared when I need to describe DEATH as a fictional
> character.

The proposal ( http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/FictionalThing ) has two
properties, createdIn for the first and referencedIn for all following, if
I understand it correctly. "referencedIn" sounds to me more like
"mentioned" than "played an actual role in this work"; the latter I'd call
"appearsIn".
Bu anyway, it seems like leaving out the createdIn attribute unless you're
sure would solve the "knowledge not available" problem.

What I wonder right now: Is, for example, the Star Wars franchise a
CreativeWork?

Anke

--
http://ankewehner.de