Re: Schema.org proposal for RsvpAction

On 10/20/2014 05:29 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> On 10/15/2014 06:07 PM, Vicki Tardif Holland wrote:
>> Schema.org currently has an RsvpAction; however, it is not clear how to
>> send the actual RSVP response and the number of guests who will attend.
>> To that end, we propose adding the properties "rsvpResponse" and
>> "additionalNumberOfGuests".
>>
>> See:
>> http://sdo-actions.appspot.com/RsvpAction
>> http://sdo-actions.appspot.com/RsvpResponseType
>
> very useful! can we also extend accompanying example to use it?
> even better we could provide two examples:
>
> 1. where actionStatus: PotentialActionStatus - which includes only
> target to perform this Action embedding EntryPoint
> 2. where actionStatus: CompletedActionStatus - which would have no
> target but @id of this particular response and actual data
i tried to make similar examples as in: http://schema.org/docs/actions.html

* Product purchase API call with -output [shortened!]
{
  "@type": "BuyAction",
  "object": {
    "@type": "Product"
  },
  "result": {
    "@type": "Order"
  }
}

* Movie review site API with -input and -output [shoretened!]
{
  "@type": "ReviewAction",
  "object" : {
    "@type": "Movie"
  },
  "result": {
    "@type": "Review"
}

They both have another Thing as result, maybe it would make sense to
also use something like http://schema.org/Ticket or
http://schema.org/EventReservation for result of RsvpAction? It may also
fit better to use similar pattern as in ReviewAction and assign number
of participants to that result (Ticket or Reservation) instead to action
itself?