Re: Video Game Series (was VideoGame Proposal)

Thanks for the correction Dan Scott, that should have indeed been "
schema.org/VideoGameSeries" not just, um, "schema.org". :)

  The latest <span itemprop="partOfSeries" itemscope itemtype="
http://schema.org/VideoGameSeries">

> I guess that's supposed to be itemtype="http://schema.org/VideoGameSeries",
but Series would work just as well for the markup. Also, "isPartOf" would
be perfectly appropriate for the property.

Sure - and I'd be reasonably happy with "Series" which, as you say, has a
scope of "CreativeWork".  And, yes, "isPartOf" would indeed be perfect here.

To make a long story short I had misinterpreted what you wrote as "use
'partOf' and 'isPartOf" *without* using "Series" - not the case, and my
apologies for not reading your lead-in more closely.

I see all your points, and I certainly believe you're trying to make
the vocabulary
work for entities found in the real world. :)

With that, again, I'm reasonably happy simply constituting a video game
series as a "Series" with other types of series.  The qualification comes
from the slight lack of specificity this causes.  If that specificity can
only be accomplished with...

... then I think it's potentially problematic.  Anything requiring
non-visible markup is should be a red flag in schema.org, since the
sponsors are so endlessly keen to limit this to situations where
the declaration requires a particular data format for machine consumption,
a la dates in ISO-8601 format.  What you suggest with the "seriesType"
itemprop certainly works fabulously, but raises that red flag.