Re: schema.org property proposal: socialAccount

On 04/06/2014 07:34 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:
> Excerpting from https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/SocialAccountProperty
>
> "Add a new property, 'socialAccount':
>
> Comment: "Indicates a corresponding profile page for an account on a
> socially-oriented Web site."
> Used on types: ContactPoint, Person, MusicGroup, Organization, ServiceChannel
> Expected types: URL, WebPage (i.e. a plain link or an inline
> description are both OK)"
>
> Example:
>      (<a itemprop="url" href="http://www.stephenfry.com/">stephenfry.com</a>,
>       <a itemprop="socialAccount"
> href="http://twitter.com/stephenfry">twitter</a>,
> <a itemprop="sameAs"
> href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Fry">wikipedia</a>)
>
> This is roughly the same as one way of using foaf:account
> (http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/#term_account).
>
> We don't try to define exactly which kinds of sites it's used for as
> 'social network' etc are family resemblance concepts, but a common
> anticipated use is sketched in this example.
Currently I use contactPoint to describe my social accounts [1]
Yesterday I tried enabling IndieAuth [2] which uses rel="me", adding it
broke my graph in RDFa [3]

Could we possibly reuse rel="me" for social accounts in a way working
fine with RDFa? I also contactPoint makes a lot of sense for me when it
comes to email, jabber, twitter, facebook etc.

[1]
https://github.com/elf-pavlik/webprofiled/blob/master/test/fixtures/perpetual-tripper/index.json#L25
[2] https://indieauth.com/
[3]