Re: cooperation between W3C and schema.org

On 10/29/2014 06:40 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> The meeting at the W3C TPAC today,
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC2014/SessionIdeas#Schema.org_and_Social_WG,
> brought up some interesting issues.
>
> However, I'm still uncertain as to how much interaction is being pursued
> or proposed.  Does anyone know this, or is it still too early to know?
>
> peter

Howdy o/

I noticed on public-w3process list proposal by Sam Ruby on how WHATWG
and W3C could collaborate:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-w3process/2014Nov/0147.html

Schema.org may already work much closer with W3C thanks to Web Schemas
group, but it looks like we still need more clarity on collaboration
strategy.

Currently James M Snell works in W3C Social WG on Activity Streams
Extended/Expanded Vocabulary:

* https://www.w3.org/wiki/Activity_Streams/Expanded_Vocabulary
*
http://rawgit.com/jasnell/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/extended-vocabulary/activitystreams2-vocabulary.html#extendedtypes
*
http://rawgit.com/jasnell/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/extended-vocabulary/activitystreams2.html

While I must admit finding it amazing that he wrote tons of great
examples in JSON-LD, Microdata, RDFa, Microformats and Turtle. I also
still see it as certain duplication of efforts and possibly creating
parallel and not well aligned web universes (Please let me know if I
sound like an old broken record)

I wonder if possibility exists to publish Schema.org snapshots in W3C
namespace. I think this would open much stronger possibility for
aligning Schema.org, Activity Streams and other efforts. Also hopefully
would address concerns related to dependence on schema.org domain
controlled by Google Inc.

To finish on positive side, I also try to follow recent conversations in
Hydra CG about common grounds with Data Shapes:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-hydra/2014Nov/0048.html

I recall Sandro Hawke mentioning its relevance during Schema.org +
Social WG meeting at TPAC!

Ciao :)