Re: schema.org/Game (was "Re: New schema.org release (sdo-venkman) candidate for review")

On 17 November 2014 20:57, Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com> wrote:
> +1 to a more generic description.
>
> I don't see the point in getting overly specific with the role-playing part.
> Solitaire is a game where numberOfPlayers is 1. We don't necessarily need to
> limit the type to items which use all of the properties.

Ok, see http://sdo-venkman.appspot.com/docs/releases.html#videogames
and http://sdo-venkman.appspot.com/Game updated.

- the release summary mentions the Game type and its dual super-types
- we link both to the issues list entry,
https://github.com/rvguha/schemaorg/issues/169

The new text is: "The Game type represents things which are games.
These are typically rule-governed recreational activities, e.g.
role-playing games in which players assume the role of characters in a
fictional setting."

This tries to strike a balance between vague generality and the
RPG-oriented specifics from the types initial focus.  I'm happy to
tweak and refine this but at some point we have to say "good enough
for now". However we can keep talking here and in Github and evolve
the description further after this release goes live.

Do we have a rough consensus?

Dan