Re: Documents that supersede others

I think an answer is a good old linked list, precedes doc, supersedes doc.
but should those be the creators terms or a fixed id or both?

A searcher can land on any in the chain and find what he needs.

I know I have an example that has yet to be catalogued in my
collection, it is a series of electrical handbooks for motorcycles by
Joseph Lucas, I have 19 in the series with what looks like some gaps
in the sequence.

Dave Caroline