Re: [Proposal] schema:OnlineCourse

1. Is it worth adding a "prerequisiteCourse" property to list the
prerequisites for the given course?
    - IMO, "prerequisiteCourse" or "requirements" for the Course could
provide rich snippets for users to know if it is appropriate for him/her.
2. Can we change "isCertificateAvailable" from a boolean to something with
a little more data? Maybe the type of certificate granted or the
institution granting the certificate?
    - +1, and then it will need Certificate type and additional properties
to think about.

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 7:28 PM, Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Yes and no. If I look at a brick-and-mortar site like
>> http://student.mit.edu/catalog/m6a.html, is MIT the "publisher" of the
>> course "6.004 Computation Structures"?
>>
>> That confusion gets broader if MIT makes the course available on edX. Is
>> edX the publisher? What is MIT's involvement?
>>
>> It seems better to take a step back and look at the model holistically
>> rather than shoehorning it into CreativeWork because the properties mostly
>> fit.
>>
>> - Vicki
>>

> MIT is the "original" publisher,
> or Primary Publisher
> https://www.freebase.com/comic_books/comic_book_fictional_universe/primary_publisher?schema=&lang=en
> or Parent Publisher in the Music biz (A publisher who represents another
> publisher)
> https://www.freebase.com/user/viral/default_domain/music_publisher/parent_publisher?schema=&lang=en
>
> --
> -Thad
> +ThadGuidry <https://www.google.com/+ThadGuidry>
> Thad on LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/thadguidry/>

To be Sharer^^

A man is not old as long as he is seeking something.
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

Email: parklize@gmail.com