Re: [Proposal] schema:OnlineCourse

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 10:03 AM, Aaron Bradley <aaranged@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Why is a Course a CreativeWork?
>
> I think it's pretty self-evident why if one thinks of an *online* course,
> but I think the same principles carry over to courses in general, including
> brick-and-mortar courses.

Yes and no. If I look at a brick-and-mortar site like
http://student.mit.edu/catalog/m6a.html, is MIT the "publisher" of the
course "6.004 Computation Structures"?

That confusion gets broader if MIT makes the course available on edX. Is
edX the publisher? What is MIT's involvement?

It seems better to take a step back and look at the model holistically
rather than shoehorning it into CreativeWork because the properties mostly
fit.

- Vicki

Vicki Tardif Holland | Ontologist | vtardif@google.com