Re: [Proposal] schema:OnlineCourse

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Aaron Bradley <aaranged@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it also make senses to explore a "course" as a sub-type not only
> of CreativeWork but of Event as well.  For example, your proposed
> "startDate" and "endDate" properties are already present there, and
> "instructor" is analogous to Event's "performer" property (which I've
> always maintained was too specific a name for "those that may present at an
> event").

I am still trying to wrap my mind around the model. Why is a Course a
CreativeWork? I see that there are some properties in common like
"inLanguage" and "provider", but it seems cleaner to extend the domains for
these properties rather than trying to force a subclass that does not fit.

A couple other quick comments:

1. Is it worth adding a "prerequisiteCourse" property to list the
prerequisites for the given course?
2. Can we change "isCertificateAvailable" from a boolean to something with
a little more data? Maybe the type of certificate granted or the
institution granting the certificate?

- Vicki

Vicki Tardif Holland | Ontologist | vtardif@google.com