Re: Mappings between schema.org and other vocabs (especially from W3C groups)

IDK why, but I feel like if there were published versions in TTL and
regular old RDF, there could be more uptake.

Currently, (with RDFlib) I must do the following in order to get
traditional semantic web formats:

    rdfpipe ./schema_org_rdfa.html \
        --ns=schema=http://schema.org/ \
        > schema_org_rdfa.n3

    rdfpipe ./schema_org_rdfa.html \
        --ns=schema=http://schema.org/ \
        -o xml \
        > schema_org_rdfa.n3

    # this (still) errors
    rdfpipe ./schemaorg.owl -o n3 > schemaorg.owl.n3

If it was up to me, I'd add a Makefile (or something like paver) with a
build task and then add the requisite entries in app.yaml [1] to serve the
static files with appropriate caching headers; if only so that projects
interested in mapping could work with regular old RDF formats.

[1] https://github.com/rvguha/schemaorg/blob/master/app.yaml

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 7:29 AM, Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com> wrote:

> On 3 November 2014 05:17, Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> all
> investigation
> >>
> >> Thanks for the heads-up. As far as alternative approaches:
> >>
> >> A. Update the scrapers and scrapings
> >

> > No need for scrappers anymore. Schema.org publishes structured data on
> all
> > its type and property pages, and the whole schema is available as RDFa at
> > http://schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html. It's only a matter of
> > converting it to your favorite format using a local tool or a service
> like
> > http://www.w3.org/2012/pyRdfa/ or http://rdf.greggkellogg.net/distiller.
>
> http://schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html should be reasonably good
> (since it is the master file that the entire site is built from). The
> per-term RDFa is I think not yet perfected, but it is good to know
> people find value in it.
>
> Also http://schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html contains a few
> equivalentProperty and equivalentClass mappings to other vocabularies
> where a simple obvious mapping exists. These are currently reflected
> into the (not shown to humans) RDFa per-term markup. For e.g. in
> source code of http://schema.org/Dataset

> resource="http://schema.org/Dataset">
> <link property="owl:equivalentClass" href="http://rdfs.org/ns/void#Dataset
> "/>
> <link property="owl:equivalentClass"
> href="http://purl.org/dc/dcmitype/Dataset"/>
> <link property="owl:equivalentClass"
> href="http://www.w3.org/ns/dcat#Dataset"/>...
>
> If there are more such mappings available, do please feel free to file
> a bug in github with details, or a pull request, and we'll try to get
> more into the site.
>
> cheers,

Wes Turner
https://westurner.github.io/