Re: Better description for 'keywords' property

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 04:39:09PM +0200, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
>On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 4:00 PM, Dan Scott wrote:

<snip>

>> This is because we augment the existing display of subject headings like
>> so:

>could also be expressed as

>systems</a></span> &gt;
>measures</a></span>.
>
>which would have the advantage that the keywords are already tokenized by
>the publisher instead of forcing the consumer to do so... which would, btw.,
>also address Stéphane's concern below

I do like your suggestion of providing more granular keywords entries,
but there might be some negative implications for those systems
aggregating and indexing the structured data.

Indexing "Electronic mail systems > Security measures" as a single entry
that encapsulates the hierarchy (in an extremely limited fashion)
would generally result in higher relevance for someone searching for
"electronic mail security" than if it was indexed as two entirely
separate entries, so there is a loss of precision.

But, realistically, very few people are going to search for "electronic
mail" instead of "email" or "e-mail" anyway, so that particular example
is moot--heh! Ah libraries...