Re: Better description for 'keywords' property

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net
> wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 4:00 PM, Dan Scott wrote:
> > On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 02:17:12PM +0100, Dan Brickley wrote:

> reads

> > >This sounds reasonable to me. The only objections I can think of
> > >involve trying to stretch this property too far, e.g. phrases that
> > >contain commas within them. Let's keep it simple...
> > >
> > >Does anyone here think that this change would not be an improvement?
>
> I was just wondering why there doesn't exist a singular version of
> "keywords", i.e., "keyword". Was that somehow forgotten when all plurals
> were deprecated or was this a deliberate decision?

I had the same reaction as you at first when I discovered this, but
'keywords' was kept plural for that very reason, because it's one string
containing a list of comma-separated keywords. I was surprised initially
but apparently there are system/folks who prefer to use that as a opposed
to breaking down the list into individual properties.

Steph.

--
Steph.